Hey guys, I am back again with another healthy and tasty recipe and the recipe is Curd Oats.
I love to eat the simple curd rice, but as i am losing weight and i am watching my calories i don’t think at the middle of my weight loss journey i should be eating rice a lot. Ofcourse moderation is the key in any food, but still i feel intimidated if i am indulging myself so much on rice. Hence, i came up with this recipe.
I generally eat this as a breakfast as oats are extremely filling. You will not even recognise that it is not rice. Do try this out and let me know if you like it.
- 2 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Curry leaves
- Finely chopped ginger
- Chana dal
- Chooped green chillies
- Mustard seeds
- Oats boiled in water(100 gm)- 42 calories(Approximate)
- Curd(100 gm) - 60 calories(Approximate)
- Ghee(3g)- 28 calories(Approximate)
- Spices- 50 calories(Approximate)
Total = 180 calories (Approximate)
- Wash the oats thoroughly in water.
- Boil the oats in plain water until the oats are cooked.
- Next step is to make the tempering for the oats, so for that keep the ingredients ready.
- Add ghee, mustard seeds, chana daal, green chillies, curry leaves and finely chopped ginger. Ginger is very important here, it gives a new twist to the tempering.
- Add the tempering, salt and curd to the cooked oats. If necessary you can add a little water. Mix it well.
- You can store the curd aots in fridge for sometime and enjoy it. Generally i make it at night and keep it in fridge. You can also add pomegranate to it to increase the flavour.